VB/ISAM, is used by many large Banks, Oil Companies, and Insurance Agencies. It
is used by the Federal Election Commission, by the National League for Nursing,
by SBC/Pacific Bell, and even Microsoft Corp. itself - just to name a few.
Over 1,000,000 end users have products that use this engine
and Only Un-Database!
- Based on the award winning
VB/ISAM database engine.
- An Inexpensive, Royalty free,
high speed, embedded Virtual ISAM Data manager.
- Linux and Windows datasets are
100% binary equivalent and may be interchanged without conversion.
- Lightning fast Virtual ISAM
Engine for Shared Network or Local Access supporting full record locking.
- Vservice is the real
Client/Server version - LAN & Internet deployment supported.
- Vservice Server add-in supports
thousands of users.
- Compatible with .Net, C++, VB,
PowerBASIC, DELPHI - Windows and Linux versions available -
- Deliverable as DLL, OCX and Link
libraries - Small footprint of 196k - Still Royalty Free!
VsamEx - Enhanced feature
- Application accessible Record
- New Application defined field
- Modify Application defined and
some default field attributes on the fly.
- Add new fields and Delete fields
on the fly, with out rebuilding.
- Sparse Indexing Technology -
Records need not always produce an index.
- Sparse Field Technology -
Individual records may contain different fields. Records do not need to contain
- All records are variable length -
Great for mixtures records that vary greatly in size.
- Fields may be integers, longs,
doubles, floats, currency or variable length strings and more!
- Compound field support - Two or
more fields may be combined, by formula, to create a virtual index.
- File, record, and string level
SHA based encryption.
- Ad Hoc Searching - complex
sorting with output selectable HTML, Text or Dynaset creation (Another VsamEx
- No expensive Microsoft Server
with complex expensive seat licensing - Vservice is very low cost and extremely
easy to maintain
- Truly the " Magic
- Complete application transparency
- Drop in Vservice to any Windows computer, accessible over a LAN or the WEB.
The existing application linked to VsamEx will automatically connect to Vservice
when the DataSet is opened using standard URL file naming conventions to that
computer i.e. "\\ComputerA\Share\filepath\dataset" or any IP address designator
- No more Opportunistic Locking -
Vservice Client API handles everything.
- Full record level locking without
any network overhead.
- Vservice implementation
eliminates 90% of the network overhead involved in supporting shared
- Vservice runs as either an
application or a Windows Service through a command line option.
- Secure multi-key login and
authentication - only applications connected to a valid, licensed VsamEx
interface will connect.
- Vservice supports remote
Software Source is the
home of the
best Kept secret in Windows. Since 1989, we have provided the only fast ISAM record
manager in Windows that is "Industrial Strength"
- VB/ISAM! - and now VsamEx.
just doesn't break!